Batavia, Ill.-The Department of Energy’s Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory is again inviting the children of laboratory employees to participate in the annual Daughters and Sons to Work Day, and Earth Day activities, on Thursday, April 25, 2002-an engaging combination of kids, families, science and nature.
Among the day’s events:
- Fermilab’s Fire Department will demonstrate a rescue from a car wreck using the “jaws of life;”
- A panel of women scientists and engineers will tell kids and their parents why young women should “Go For It!” for careers in science and technology;
- Earth Day planting and picnicking sponsored by the lab’s Roads and Grounds group;
- Virtual reality demonstration by the Computing Division;
- Make Your Own Web Page activities describing the events of the day.
For a full description of the day’s activities and schedule, visit the DASTOW website at:
And call us at the Office of Public Affairs to arrange coverage of DASTOW.
Fermilab is operated by Universities Research Association Inc., under contract with the U.S. Department of Energy.