Are you interested in ordering, and quickly receiving, commonly used off-the-shelf items needed for your work?
Did you know that you can easily find products and consolidate orders from multiple suppliers?
Last summer Fermilab rolled out a new way of making purchases called eMarketplace, and it can be the online ordering system for you!
The pilot release included the Computing, Finance and Technical divisions. The first phase of the roll-out was implemented by the Core Computing Division and Procurement’s eMarketplace team. Now the second phase of the program has begun.
Procurement’s eMarketplace team is ready to assist you, and we encourage you to participate in eMarketplace. Initial account holders were selected by group, division and section head leadership. Current eMarketplace suppliers are CDW/V3 Gate LLC, Epic Business Essentials, Grainger/Burgoon Co., Holman’s, McMaster-Carr, MSC, Newark Electronics/Channel Comp, Swagelok/Chicago Fluid, and Wildflower International. Additional vendors will be added as dictated by demand.
There are many benefits of eMarketplace:
- Streamlines the workflow for purchases.
- Provides online browsing to help buyers quickly and easily find products.
- Enables price comparison between multiple suppliers.
- Provides reduced costs through competitive pricing.
- Provides reduced shipping costs typically associated with other ordering methods.
- Eliminates paper-generated forms.
- Decreases delivery time for the customer at no additional cost — next day delivery for most items stocked locally.
Interested? Here is what you need to know:
- Only Fermilab employees are eligible for an account.
- You must be an authorized eMarketplace user with an account to participate in eMarketplace.
- There are two types of accounts:
- eLicense holders, who are authorized to shop and place orders with the eMarketplace suppliers.
- eShoppers, who can place items in a shopping cart and share it with an eLicense holder, who will then place the order.
- You should discuss becoming an eLicense holder or eShopper with your supervisor. Complete an Enterprise account request form (available through Service Now), have it signed by both your supervisor and the field financial manager or budget officer (FFM) for your group, section or division. Check the box requesting either eLicense holder or eShopper account.
- Forward the completed, signed form by email or interoffice mail (MS 210) to Julie Wiley or Gordon Bagby.
- The eMarketplace team will contact you regarding required classroom training. eLicense holders will complete a two-hour hands-on class at the Training Center. eShoppers will complete a one-hour overview class. Both groups must also pass the online Policies and Procedures test.
- Off-the-shelf items available through the Fermilab stockroom must continue to be ordered through the stockroom.
- Orders from eMarketplace vendors should be placed through eMarketplace rather than ProCard.
Gordon Bagby is a senior procurement administrator and the eMarketplace program administrator for Fermilab.