News you need
As we well know from our experiments studying tiny particles, just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it isn’t a big deal. Today’s column is focused on our unified communications strategy for the next year. This includes telecommunications, networking and conferencing systems, all of which are behind the scenes, but vital to lab operations.
Enrollment for next year’s benefits will open on Oct. 14 and continue until Oct. 28. Open enrollment is your opportunity to make changes to your benefits coverage for the coming year.
Announcements and notices
- Yoga Registration Due October 27
- November wellness
- Zumba Registration Due October 25
- Deep Learning in HEP: Community meeting at the User’s Center, October 26
- Fermilab Veterans Day luncheon – Nov. 11
- Now accepting nominations for Director’s Award
- Flu vaccine
- Employee Health & Wellness Fair today, Oct. 18, WH 2nd-floor crossover
- How do I order computers?
- The Frontier Pub Specials for 10/19 – 10/21/2016
In the News
From National Public Radio, Oct. 11, 2016: Scientists using the Dark Energy Camera have discovered a new dwarf planet at the far reaches of our solar system.
From FYI: The AIP Bulletin of Science Policy News, Sept. 29, 2016: The bill extends funding for the federal government at last year’s appropriated levels through Dec. 9, or 10 weeks beyond the end of the fiscal year.
- “Out of This World” family Halloween concert 10/23
- Car for sale
- “The Plant Band” in downtown Geneva
- Oak Roll Top Computer Desk For Sale
- 2009 Can-Am Spyder – GS SM5
- Car for sale
- 2008 Altima 2.5SL for sale
- Books for Trick or Treat – All Hallows Read
- Mozart Jupiter and Holst Planets Concert Oct 15
- Boat for sale