News you need
It’s time to register for the 2016 Fermilab Users Meeting! This year, for the first time, we will host a vendor exhibit. The public talk on the LIGO experiment is a rare chance to hear about a scientific result that only last February became public knowledge. And our coffee breaks will have excellent food.
Announcements and notices
- North America Particle Accelerator Conference in Chicago in October
- Fermilab and neutrinos at the Chicago Science Festival
- Joint Speaker Series “Food and Science” program hosted by Fermilab, Argonne and University of Chicago – RSVP by May 26
- Walk 2 Run completes ninth season
- Fermilab Amateur Radio Club meeting
- Painting Fermilab – WGN broadcasting from Geneva on Friday
- Fermilab pool opens June 7
- Water Aerobics registration due May 30
- Preschool and youth swim lesson registration due May 30
- Photo gallery: Highlights from Employee Health and Fitness Day
In the News
From Cosmos Magazine, May 19, 2016: The most elusive particles in the universe – neutrinos – might not stay hidden for much longer. Testing for the Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment, or DUNE, began earlier this year.
From Voice of America, May 11, 2016: As the Large Hadron Collider returns to full operation, scientists at Fermilab, America’s premier particle physics lab, are excited about a tantalizing discovery made at CERN.