News you need
The BNSF Railroad will close Kirk Road at the railroad crossing between Hubbard Avenue and Wilson Street in the city of Batavia for three days, starting Monday, Aug. 1.
Announcements and notices
- Pilates registration due August 8
- Series of seminars on the Muon g-2 experiment – Aug. 2
- August 19 deadline for the University of Chicago Tuition Remission Program
- LEGO version of Large Hadron Collider picks up speed
- Kirk Road closed Aug. 1-3
- Gallery talk Wednesday at noon
- ICHEP2016 bus
- July 28: Trivia Night at The Frontier Pub
- Fermilab futbol-soccer tournament
- Linux at Fermilab Quarterly meeting July 27
In the News
From Gizmodo, July 26, 2016: Ever wanted to build a particle accelerator in your basement? Well if one University of Liverpool PhD student gets his way, you may soon be able to do that – with LEGO.
From Physics, July 26, 2016: A team at MIT analyzes data from Fermilab’s MINOS neutrino experiment. The results rule out a class of realist models in which the evolving system does not depend on any “memory” of its initial state.