News you need
Many of the Fermilab summer internship programs are in need of one-on-one employee mentors or advisors for students. I ask that you consider participating this year in one of the many programs we offer to high school and college students who come to the lab to work and learn during the summer months. Many of the internships are science- or engineering-based, but we are looking for mentors from everywhere across the lab.
Chief Operating Officer Tim Meyer will hold an all-Office-of-the-COO meeting on Thursday, Feb. 18 from 10 to 11 a.m. in Ramsey Auditorium. Please plan to attend if you are a staff member in the Facilities Engineering Services Section, Workforce Development and Resources Section, Office of the General Counsel, Office of Communication, Office of Campus Strategy and Readiness, Office of Integrated Planning and Performance Management, Office of Partnerships and Technology Transfer, or Illinois Accelerator Research Center.
Announcements and notices
- From COO Tim Meyer: Mentors for summer interns needed
- Upcoming professional development courses
- Now accepting requests for summer 2016 on-site housing
- 2015-16 Scientific Advisory Council welcomes new members
- Call for proposals: URA Visiting Scholars at Fermilab Program
- Accepting applications for 2016 Alvin Tollestrup Award for Postdoctoral Research
- Seasonal hire program
- Employee discount for Vaughan Athletic Center in Aurora
- All-Office-of-the-COO meeting on Feb. 18
- Important new Visa Waiver Program restrictions
In the News
From University of Chicago, Jan. 26, 2016: Fermilab Director Nigel Lockyer is quoted in this article on a new ultrasensitive camera that is both the heart of the South Pole Telescope and the focal point of the collaboration between Argonne, Fermilab and the University of Chicago.
From The Beacon-News, Feb. 1, 2016: A crowd of at least 2,500 people got the chance to view the facilities as well as exhibits at Fermilab’s Family Open House, which included physics projects offered by students living in neighboring communities including St. Charles, Naperville and Aurora.