News you need
Fermilab’s next chief financial officer (CFO) will be Vanessa Peoples. Vanessa is currently Vice President for Business and Finance and Chief Business Officer for the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
Announcements and notices
- Scientific Linux Fermi 5 end of life March 31
- The Frontier Pub specials for Jan. 18-20
- Employee Art Show: Fifty years of Science & Art
- Trivia Night at The Frontier Pub – Jan. 19, 6 p.m.
- Have a mobile phone? Take a picture of Fermilab at 50.
- Jan. 12 all-hands meeting video now online
- Look up! Cafeteria menu now in Quick Links
- Call for proposals: URA Visiting Scholars Award Program
- Lunch & Learn about your Employee Assistance Program
- GSA updated the mileage rate to 53.5 cent for 2017
In the News
From Kane County Chronicle, Jan. 16, 2017: In tandem with exploring the origin of the universe, Fermilab delves into its own birth, celebrating its 50th anniversary with an accelerated lineup of events from now into fall. The entertainment element will start on a happy note with Mucca Pazza, an unconventional marching band, striding onto the Batavia stage at 8 p.m. Jan. 21.
From the Department of Energy, Jan. 11, 2017: Fermilab is mentioned in several areas of the report, which highlights the remarkable accomplishments of the national labs, evaluates some of the improvements DOE has made in recent years in its management and coordination with the labs, and charts a course for continued American leadership in science and technology.
- Body Solid Endurance e7 Elliptical Machine – $500 Dimensions: 26″W x 62″D x 62″H, Max User Weight: 300 lbs
- Room for rent in Logan Square
- PAWBO Wireless Interactive Pet Camera
- Snowmobile helmet – Size Youth Large
- Car for sale
- Center for Economic Progress seeks volunteers
- Celestron telescope, drum set for sale
- Jupiter JFL 711-II silver open holed flute for sale
- Harlem Globetrotters discount offer for Fermilab employees
- Dr. Who Police Box – small