This month, the Wellness Office will sponsor the following fitness classes:
- Kyuki-Do: 5-6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, beginning Feb. 14 at the Fitness Center Exercise Room. Fee is $55 per person.
- Yoga: 12-1 p.m. Tuesdays, March 1 – April 19 at Wilson Hall Auditorium. Fee is $85/ per person.
This month, the Wellness Office will also sponsor the following free wellness offerings:
- Lunch & Learn: Acid Reflux from noon – 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 9, in the Comitium. Presenter: Dr. Tariq Rahim, Southwest Digestive Disease Consultants
- Lunch & Learn: Power and Control in Relationships from Noon – 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 23, in One West. This talk addresses various types of unhealthy relationships, how these relationships develop, why it is difficult to leave this type of relationship, and steps you can take to recognize it before it materializes. It also addresses how individuals can help friends or family if they suspect they are in an unhealthy relationship. Presenter: Joy Singh, MS, LCPC, Clinical Director for AMI Counseling.
- Qigong, Mindfulness & Tai Chi Easy® for Stress Reduction classes from 7 – 8 a.m. on Wednesdays in Ramsey Auditorium; from 5 – 6 p.m. on Thursdays in Users Center Music Room and from noon – 12:45 p.m. on Fridays in Ramsey Auditorium.
- Scrappers: Open 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 1, in the Wilson Hall small dining room. Scrapbookers bring your scissors, adhesive and journaling pen. Supplies provided for themed and generic layouts. Cost: $10 per person.
- Card Stampers: Open 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8, in the Wilson Hall small dining room. Interested stampers should bring scissors, adhesive and journaling pen. Supplies provided for three cards. Cost: $10 per person.
Movie tickets: AMC and Regal Theaters, $7-8. Goodrich Theaters, $7.