Barbara Brooks, deputy head of WDRS, wrote this column.
Fermilab’s Human Resources Department has been busy. During the past two years, we’ve made many changes in order to increase our services to you. A few of those changes include a new website, increased communication and HR generalists in your workplace. You can learn about all of the services that our section provided in our FY10 report.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 13,941 online resumes were submitted
- 94 percent of job offers were accepted
- 372 new hires attended New Employee Orientation
- 30 students participated in minority summer programs
- More than 5,400 customer service requests were handled in the Benefits Department
- 21 mentors provided professional development support to employees and users through FermiLINK
- 255 employees received non-base performance awards
- More than 1,400 data requests were completed
- 698 employees completed internal courses
- 61 employees completed 143 courses through the Tuition Assistance Program
- 208 vacation days were donated to other employees for emergency purposes
- 299 employees attended service recognition luncheons
- More than 1,900 employees were confirmed legally employable through E-Verify
- More than 2,500 visitors came to the Users Office
- 2,805 employees participated in fitness and wellness programs, athletic leagues and clubs
- 10,237 tickets to 40 Arts Office events were sold
The HR FY10 Report is a snapshot of WDRS activities and accomplishments. It describes our efforts on behalf of you, our customers and partners, to keep Fermilab successful. We hope that you will find it informative and perhaps even surprising. Employees and users connected to the Fermilab computing networks can read the full report online.