This month, the Wellness Office will sponsor the following free events:
- Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day. Register and log your steps for weekly prize drawings.
- Lunch & Learn about Migraines and Cluster Headaches on Wednesday, June 15, in WH2W, Curia II from noon – 1 p.m. Presenter: Tony Leazzo, D.O.
- Qigong, Mindfulness & Tai Chi Easy® for Stress Reduction classes from 7 – 8 a.m. on Wednesdays in Ramsey Auditorium; and from noon – 12:45 p.m. on Fridays in Ramsey Auditorium.
This month, the Wellness Office will sponsor the following fitness classes:
- Yoga: noon – 1 p.m. Thursdays, June 9 – July 28 at the Wilson Hall Auditorium. Fee is $85/person. Yoga is now offered on Thursdays also.
- Yoga: noon – 1 p.m. Tuesdays, June 21 – August 9 at Wilson Hall Auditorium. Fee is $85/person.
The Fermilab pool opens June 7. Activities and membership information:
Pool memberships are available in the Wellness Office, WH15W.
- Pool membership cost: $90/person; $210 for a family of four; additional family members are $30.
- Aqua Tots is a water acclimation class for ages 1-3. This class will take place from 10:45 – 11:15 a.m. Monday – Thursday, June 13-16 and June 20-23. Fee is $65/child.
- Preschool swim lessons for ages 3-4 will take place from 10-10:30 a.m. Monday – Thursday, June 13-16 and June 20-23. Fee: $65/person.
- Youth beginner swim lessons for ages 5-12 will take place from 9-9:45 a.m. Monday – Thursday, June 13-16 and June 20-23. Students will be tested on first day of class and placed in appropriate beginner level class. Fee: $65/student.
- Adult beginner swim lessons will take place 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. on Mondays, June 13 – Aug. 8 (no class July 4). Fee: $65/person.
- Adult water aerobics will take place from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. on Mondays, June 13 – Aug. 8 (no class July 4). Fee: $65/person.
- Open Water Scuba Diving Certification is offered from 5-8 p.m. on Wednesdays, June 15 – July 27 from 5-8 p.m. Fee: $260/person payable to Fermilab. $70 book and packet fee to instructor on first day of class.
Learn more about the pool and classes offered.
- Ultimate Frisbee takes place beginning at 5 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays at the Village soccer field. For more information contact Joe Haley.
- Six Flags Great America, GiftTree.com, Jazzercise, Movie Tickets, Great Wolf Lodge, Rosati’s of Batavia. More information online.