Kay Van Vreede, head of the Workforce Development and Resources Section, wrote this column.
Human Resources provides many services to Fermilab’s employees and users in support of the laboratory’s research mission. Each year, HR provides a report on its activities and accomplishments and how its employees strive to improve customer satisfaction.
In fiscal year 2011, which ran from Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011, we transferred three HR employees to office locations closer to the employees of the laboratory’s sectors and sections. These HR generalists serve you locally and provide you with the service you need. They are your conduit to the core HR services.
Here are some other highlights and statistics from our FY11 report:
- 316 seasonal, temporary and permanent employees hired
- 1,822 user badges issued
- 600+ meetings held for visa-related guidance
- 795 professional development course completions
- 58 employees completed 169 courses paid for by the tuition reimbursement program
- 27 minority students supported through science career programs
- 362 employees honored with service recognition luncheons
- 12,000+ employee record updates made
- 3,300+ benefits-related requests handled
- 1,100+ requests for HR statistics answered
- 81 children enrolled in the Children’s Center
- 237 vacation days donated by 92 employees to help other employees
- 3,107 enrollments made in fitness and wellness programs, athletic leagues and clubs
- 10,233 tickets sold for 23 Arts and Lecture Series events
The entire HR FY11 Report is available online. It describes our efforts to support Fermilab employees and users and keep Fermilab successful.