The Core Computing Division will upgrade all Fermilab email users to Office 365 Exchange Online, a cloud-based version of Microsoft Exchange that offers significant increases in storage from the current on-site server. This migration will occur between Sunday, Dec. 13, at 10 a.m. and Monday, Dec. 14, at 7 a.m.
Your action is required to complete the migration of your mailbox. In order to make this migration as simple as possible, here is the most important information you need to know:
- Your username will change to <username>@services.fnal.gov.
- Your email address will not change. You will not lose any emails.
- https://mail-migration.fnal.gov provides more detailed instructions.
After migration, to access your mailbox you must:
- Enter your SERVICES username in the form email@example.com.
- Enter your SERVICES password.
- Windows users: click “USE ANOTHER ACCOUNT” before you enter your login information.
- Webmail users: go to fermimail.fnal.gov. Log in using your new username format (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Services password.
- Non-Outlook users: reconfigure your mail clients to access your new mailbox. Instructions are at https://mail-migration.fnal.gov.
The Service Desk will be available at x2345 and will have extended hours Sunday, Dec. 13, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 14, to Friday, Dec. 18, from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Local support teams will be in the Accelerator Division, Feynman Computing Center, Illinois Accelerator Research Center, Technical Division and Wilson Hall from Monday, Dec. 14, to Friday, Dec. 18.
There will be an Ask Me About Email booth in the Wilson Hall atrium from Monday, Dec. 14, to Friday, Dec. 18, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.