WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Fermilab Time and Labor system (FTL) will be upgraded to a new version on Thursday, July 27. After the upgrade, most functionality will remain the same, but the user interface will be slightly different. If you were unable to use the Java version in the past, you may wish to try the Flash version for enhanced functionality.
Quick reference guides and other user documentation will be available on the FTL website at https://timecard.fnal.gov or within the Kronos FTL application. In addition, on Tuesday, July 25, the following information sessions on how to use the new FTL system will be held in the Ramsey Auditorium:
- Timecard approvers: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Non-exempt (weekly) employees: 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Exempt (monthly) employees: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Timekeepers: 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
These sessions will be recorded and posted on the FTL website at https://timecard.fnal.gov for those who cannot attend and for future reference. (These sessions will be available by 9 a.m. on Friday, July 28.)
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
The FTL application will be upgraded on Thursday, July 27, from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
- During the upgrade window above, FTL will be unavailable.
- After the upgrade, there will be two interfaces—Flash and HTML. Both interfaces will be slightly different than the current version.
- You will continue to access your timecard at timecard.fnal.gov, as you do today.
- You will be able to use the Kronos app on your IOS or Android mobile device to enter time and approve timecards.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Attend the appropriate information sessions (listed above) on July 25, or watch the recorded videos on the FTL website at https://timecard.fnal.gov beginning July 28.
- Please be aware of the FTL downtime on July 27 and plan accordingly.