Be aware that the IRS will never:
• Call you demanding payment using a specific method such as gift cards
• Threaten to arrest a taxpayer
• Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
For more information, see the IRS article: “Phone Scams a Serious Threat; Remain on the IRS “Dirty Dozen” list of Tax Scams for 2017.”
• Call the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-IDTHEFT for help with credit problems.
• File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center if your incident is occurred via the internet.