Fermilab’s new Service Desk web portal is live! This new website will make it easier for you to access services, make requests and report issues. You will use the same URL (http://servicedesk.fnal.gov), but the portal will look very different. For more details, attend a demo (details below) or see this Knowledge Base article: https://fermi.service-now.com/wp?id=evg-kb-article&sys_id=5b1de7ffdb70d300641274821f9619b3
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
The new portal has an improved look and feel and offers many features, including:
- Improved search capabilities
- Improved service presentation
- Improved knowledge base
- Improved service names and descriptions
- The ability to add favorite services, catalog items (forms) or knowledge articles
- Mobile device friendly
- The ability to view the status of services
Anyone can use the new portal to get the help they need; however:
- Individuals who need to view reports will continue to use the Classic View—the current interface— which will be linked from the web portal.
- Individuals who work tickets in ServiceNow will continue to use the Classic View to do their work.
- Tuesday, March 27; 11:30 a.m. – noon WH8X Hornet’s Nest
- Thursday, March 29; 1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. WH8X Hornet’s Nest
- Or via Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://fnal.zoom.us/j/727563470
iPhone one-tap: US: +16465588656,727563470# or +16699006833,727563470#
Or Telephone (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +16465588656 or +16699006833
Meeting ID: 727 563 470
International numbers available: https://fnal.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=O-lbFTNLi0WbdB9Q5O2lk8fTHy9TPMaq
If you have any questions, call the Service Desk at x2345 or visit the Service Desk on the ground floor of Wilson Hall.