Introducing Fermilab’s new Bike Share program — a new, greener way to get around Fermilab!
Beginning May 1, you will be able to check out a Bike Share Program bicycle for two-hour increments. Bicycles can be used to commute between buildings, travel to and from the Village, for short trips off site, or for a leisurely ride to see the baby bison.
Here is what you need to know:
- The Fermilab Bike Share Program is 100 percent free!
- You must register as a bicycle rider in advanced. Visit get-connected.fnal.gov/bikeshare or any Bike Share rack to register as a rider.
- Fermilab Bike Share is for all current Fermilab badge holders. You must be a current badge holder to check out a bicycle.
- You must wear a helmet while riding Bike Share bicycles (or you will get a ticket!). If you don’t own a helmet you can pick one up for $10 from the Badging Office. The Badging Office is on the ground floor of Wilson Hall.
- Bike Share racks are located at:
- Wilson Hall (on west side)
- Users Center
- Aspen East (near the Housing Office)
- Fermilab Gym
Visit us at the Earth Day Fair in Wilson Hall on April 26 to learn more and to sign up for the Bike Share program, or visit get-connected.fnal.gov/bikeshare.
Dave Andersen works in the Badging Office and is the Bike Share administrator.