WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will be updating the Symantec Endpoint Protection client on all centrally managed Mac computers. This is a required update and includes a number of important bug fixes.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Wednesday, Feb. 27; starting at 7 a.m. Central Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
- Alerts announcing the required download and installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection will appear on your screen.
- A reboot is required for this update.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection will run an initial scan of the system files shortly after the installation has completed. This is not a full scan of the entire Mac.
- You may see a terminal window briefly flash on your screen shortly after the update has been installed and the Mac rebooted. This is normal and should not affect any open work.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- When the alert appears on your screen, proceed with the installation by selecting “Download Now.”
- You will receive another message when the download has completed. Click “Restart Now” to reboot immediately or select a delay period to postpone the reboot. The reboot will occur automatically the next morning if there is no response to the alert.
- Contact the Service Desk if you have questions about the update. Details about this update and previous updates can be found at https://fermi.service-now.com/kb_view_customer.do?sysparm_article=KB0011722.