Editor’s note: The video of the March 12 director’s all-hands meeting is now available online. Access to the Fermilab network is required to view the video.
Here are the highlights from the March 12 state-of-the-lab all-hands meeting.
- Stay focused on upping performance to the highest level. Safety, projects, operations and business systems are all integral to the success of the lab’s goals.
- PIP-II to be baselined this summer. Technical progress is impressive and partnering is going well. Successful groundbreaking with many elected officials and project leaders was held on March 15.
- LBNF/US-DUNE to be baselined late fall. Work in South Dakota has started in earnest and DUNE is proceeding well. ProtoDUNE continues to be a huge success. Next up: baseline all far-site work followed by baselining all near-site work in 2020. Will continue to engage international partners
- CMS Detector Hi-Lumi upgrades: Goal is CD-1 by summer. Congratulations on CD-2 for AUP. Next up: test of mechanical and electrical performance of prototypes.
- Mu2e Project team must stay focused. Big success on test wind. Scheduled to begin winding PS production coils by the end of March.