Each year, the lab celebrates Earth Day with many activities in support of sustainability and environmental awareness. Listed below are the activities and exhibits planned for this year’s celebration.
Earth Day is a worldwide event coordinated by the Earth Day Network and celebrated annually on April 22. The first Earth Day occurred in 1970 throughout thousands of schools and hundreds of communities in the United States. Earth Day 1970 shined a much needed spotlight onto the deterioration of the environment at that time. Shortly following Earth Day 1970, the United States government created the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency which led to the passage of a number of crucial acts in support of environmental protection. Today, Earth Day continues to bring attention to the environmental challenges at hand, pushing for support and change for the better.
2019 fair exhibits
- Advanced Disposal
- Donation collection for Mutual Ground, seeking:
- Like new summer/fall clothes, shoes and purses for Women, Children, Babies and Young Men
- Fermilab Bike Share Program
- Fermilab Electric Vehicle Club
- Fermilab Garden Club
- Fermilab Natural Areas
- Fermilab Stock Room
- Garlic Breath Farm
- Illinois Bat Conservation Program
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center