WHAT ARE WE DOING?
In order to perform electrical maintenance, a power outage has been scheduled for the Grid Computing Center (GCC) on Tuesday, June 4. This power outage will affect GCC Computer Room A, Network Room A, and the Tape Robot Room.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Tuesday, June 4; 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
During the maintenance window, there will not be any power in GCC Computer Room A, Network Room A, or the Tape Robot Room. As a result, the following services will be impacted:
- FermiGrid and CMS Tier 1 batch systems will run in a degraded mode (at about half of their full capacity) during the maintenance window, since about half of the nodes are located in Computer Room A.
- CMS data stored on tape will not be accessible for the duration of the outage.
- The site-wide backup service will be impacted. There will be no backup or restore activity possible during the outage.
- The financial backup services will be impacted. There will be no financial backup or restore activity possible during the outage.
- This power outage will not impact GCC Computer Room C, Computer Room B, or Network Room B.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- System administrators, please shut down your computers and network equipment in GCC Computer A, Network Room A, and the Tape Robot Room prior to 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4.
- Access to GCC on June 4 will be restricted. If you require access to GCC, please contact the Service Desk. Most house lights will be off during the power outage.
- If your users will be impacted by this power outage, please notify them.