Improvements to the lab’s west entrance at the intersection of Kirk Road and Pine Street are scheduled to begin on Wednesday, May 8, and continue for three months. When work is complete, there will be a right-hand turn lane on northbound Kirk Road into the lab’s Pine Street entrance.
Some items to be aware of during construction:
- If you are traveling on Kirk Road, be prepared to reduce your speed, and exercise caution around construction workers and vehicles.
- Allow extra time commuting to and from work if you access the lab from the west.
- Consider entering and exiting the site via Wilson Street to help alleviate traffic at the Pine Street entrance.
- Kirk Road will remain open during construction, but there may be temporary single-lane closures between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., with flaggers directing traffic.
- Construction activities may occur between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday, weather permitting.
- Work will include setting up temporary traffic signals, earth work, asphalt removal, storm sewer installation, asphalt paving, curb and sidewalk installation, and restoration of the parkway area.
Questions? Contact Steve Whiteaker in FESS.