Join Spectrum, the lab resource group dedicated to the LGBTQ+ community, for a fun-filled Pride celebration on Monday, July 1, in the Wilson Hall atrium.
What’s going on?
- From 9 a.m.-3 p.m., stop by the Spectrum table to chat with members of the LRG and guests from PFLAG, the largest U.S. organization uniting families and allies with members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Also at the table, grab soame rainbow swag to show your pride. We’ll have free rainbow fidget spinners, Pride flags, plush toys and new Spectrum stickers.
- Write on the interactive Pride flag made of sticky notes in the atrium. Add your note to voice support for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Grab some cake starting around 11 a.m.!
- Attend the PFLAG panel discussion at noon in One West. Lunch and learn as local members of PFLAG share their stories, the importance of inclusion, and how everyone can help accomplish it.
(In case you were wondering: Pride month is all of June, and international LGBT STEM Day is July 5. Given the July 4 holiday, we’re choosing to hold our celebration on July 1.)