Dear DocDB users and instance administrators,
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will be enabling single sign-on (SSO) authentication for centrally managed DocDB instances.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Tuesday, July 2; 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. Central Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
• Centrally managed DocDB instances may be down for a few minutes within the maintenance window.
• After the maintenance window, users will be able to use their Services password to access the single sign-on version of their DocDB instances.
• If you use the public or private (DocDB password) version of DocDB or you use the certificate version with a CERN, OSG or non-Fermilab CILogon certificate, you can continue using those versions as before. No changes or actions are required, unless you wish to switch to using single sign-on. If you use an expired certificate, you will be redirected to the single sign-on version of DocDB.
• Fermilab CILogon certificate users will automatically be redirected from the certificate version to the single sign-on version, and their certificate DocDB account settings and permissions will automatically be transferred to their single sign-on DocDB account. These users will automatically have the same settings and permissions in their single sign-on DocDB as they had in their certificate DocDB without having to take any steps to apply for access.
• DocDB instance administrators may receive access requests from private (DocDB password) or CERN, OSG and non-Fermilab CILogon certificate DocDB users who wish to switch to using single sign-on to access DocDB.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
If you are a DocDB user, do the following:
• For more information on using DocDB after single sign-on is enabled, read this article: https://fermi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0012933
• Users of the private (DocDB password) version of DocDB and users who have a CERN, OSG or non-Fermilab CILogon certificate who prefer to use single sign-on instead, can switch by taking the actions described in this article:
If you are a DocDB instance administrator, do the following:
• Read this article for important information and instructions you’ll need for administrating your DocDB after single sign-on is enabled: