Editor’s note: This article has been updated to reflect the new stop for the Pace bus. The Pace bus stop is now at the front entrance of Wilson Hall.
IERC construction will begin in August with the general contractor securing the construction site on the east side of Wilson Hall. The project team is taking advantage of this year’s summer shutdown to complete the necessary utility relocations and berm crossover roadway construction. To facilitate these construction activities, the IERC will have the following impacts to the Wilson Hall footprint area:
1. Wilson Hall east parking lot will be closed to parking on August 12, 2019. A temporary traffic pattern will be implemented to keep one-way traffic flowing around Wilson Hall. This new traffic configuration will be in place for approximately two months until the new berm crossover roadway is complete.
2. The north end of the AZero parking lot will be closed starting in August for about two months to accommodate the construction of the new berm crossover roadway.
3. When the new berm roadway is complete, the new and final traffic configuration will reroute the one-way traffic around Wilson Hall and over the new berm roadway to Main Ring Road.
4. Pace bus service pickup, smoking area, and bicycle and motorcycle parking will be relocated to front entrance of Wilson Hall.
5. Shuttle service will move to the front entrance of Wilson Hall.
The IERC team will present and answer any questions at the next Parking Committee Lunch and Learn at noon on Wednesday, July 31, in One West.
If you have questions about the upcoming changes, please contact Russ Alber at x2501 or email@example.com.
Updated project information can be found on the IERC website. You can also read more about recent approval to begin IERC construction.
Russ Alber is the IERC project manager.