WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will be updating the Symantec Endpoint Protection client on all centrally managed Mac computers. This is a required update and includes several important bug fixes.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Starting Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 7 a.m. Central Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
• Alerts announcing the required download and installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection will appear on your screen.
• A reboot is required for this update.
• Symantec Endpoint Protection may run an initial scan of the system files shortly after the installation has completed. This is not a full scan of the entire Mac.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
• To manually install the update at a time convenient to you, open the Self Service Application and select the “Activity” tab along the top. Then select “Install” to begin the installation. A reboot is required to complete the installation.
• If you don’t manually install, the update will auto-install on Tuesday, Sept. 3. When the auto-installation process has completed, you will see a message alerting you that a reboot will occur in 5 minutes
• Contact the Service Desk if you have questions about the update. Details about this update and previous updates can be found at https://fermi.service-now.com/kb_view_customer.do?sysparm_article=KB0011722.