WHAT ARE WE DOING?
There will be sitewide power outage on Wednesday, October 23rd for all Fermilab locations powered by the Master Substation (MSS). This power outage will affect all buildings across the site, except for the Main Injector Areas and the Village.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Wednesday, Oct 23, 6:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. Central Time
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
- WH8-Fiber Central: Expected to remain operational on standby generator power
- Wilson Hall: Electricity, networking, heating and cooling will be unavailable during this 30-minute outage in most areas of Wilson Hall
- FCC building and second and third-floor computer rooms: Expected to remain operational on standby generator power
- All Polycom video conference rooms and equipment will be shut off on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 4:30 p.m. Zoom rooms will remain available until building power is shut off.
- Both network rooms and tape robot rooms will be on a UPS.
- All computing in computer rooms A, B and C will be shut down at 6 a.m. For a list of impacted services, see https://fermi.service-now.com/wp?id=kb_article&sys_id=KB0013229
- Most services are expected to be restored by 8 a.m.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
If your office is in Wilson Hall or any other building that will be without power during this short outage, please shut down your computer and printers before you leave work on Tuesday, Oct. 22nd.