Due to its impact to multiple sites, this work has been canceled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will be performing a network maintenance that will affect the FIRUS (Facility Incident Reporting and Utility System) system that monitors the following sites:
• Casey’s Pond
• Cryomodule Test Facility (CMTF)
• Fire Department
• KTeV Hall
• LAB-A, LAB-E, LAB-F
• Muon Building
• Neutrino Service Building (NSE)
• NS-1 Service Building, NS-2 Service Building, NS-4 Service Building, NS-7 Service Building
• Radiation Physics Calibration Facility (RPCF)
• Target Service Building (TSB)
• Training Center
• Site 39, Warehouse 2 and other FESS sites
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Wednesday, March 4; 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
• During this time, the FIRUS system that monitors the sites listed above will be offline for 30 minutes or less. As a result, no notifications will be sent to the Fire Department of active fire-security-utility local alarms for these sites.
• The local building fire alarm systems and other independent emergency systems, including smoke detection, sprinkler systems, flammable gas alarms, pull stations and Oxygen Deficiency Hazards (ODH) alarms, will work locally.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
In the event of a fire, occupants of the sites listed above should follow the building’s emergency plan by activating a pull station, evacuating the building and calling x3131 from a Fermilab office phone or 630-840-3131 from a mobile phone.