WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will be migrating ServiceNow to the FedRAMP High environment to fulfill Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) security requirements.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Monday, May 18; 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
- During the migration window, ServiceNow will be unavailable. If you reply to a ServiceNow email, your reply will be put in a queue and will be processed once the migration is complete. Any ServiceNow jobs that are scheduled to run during the migration window will be queued up and get processed after the migration.
- After the migration, the vast majority of ServiceNow functionalities will remain the same, but the following will change:
- The URL of the ServiceNow website will change from https://fermi.service-now.com to https://fermi.servicenowservices.com. A redirect will be provided by the vendor, ServiceNow, to redirect old URLs to new ones until at least June 18, 2020.
- ServiceNow email address will change from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Please be aware of the ServiceNow downtime and plan accordingly. If you need to report any critical issues during the one-hour migration window, please call the Service Desk at (630) 840-2345.
- After the migration, website and document editors should update their webpages and documents that have ServiceNow links by June 18, 2020. Details can be found in this article
- If you have set up an email filter to filter ServiceNow emails, be sure to update your email filter with the new email address email@example.com after the migration.