Editor’s note: This post was revised on June 14, 2021.
As part of the lab’s COVID-19 response restricting site access to essential personnel and village residents, the following changes to site services are in effect:
- The medical office remains open.
- The cafeteria is closed.
- The users center is closed.
- The taxi/shuttle service is operating on an on-call basis.
- The Abri Credit Union at Fermilab is closed. Services are provided at their other locations (Woodridge, Romeoville and Joliet) via drive-through only. Online banking is still available. It is recommended to contact the credit union prior to visiting to ensure the hours of operation are correct.
- The stockroom is closed to all walk-in customers. Orders can be placed on the online stock catalog or by phone x3825. If an item is needed right away, arrangements can be made to pick up an order in the stockroom entranceway; please call x3825 to make arrangements. Due to fluctuating inventory and intermittent supply shortages, all orders for disinfectant products and PPE (nitrile gloves and face shields) and face masks may be subject to review and approval by D/S DSOs.
- The fuel service station remains open for self-service fueling.
- The mail room is picking up and delivering to all accessible or open buildings and offices on alternating days of the week, with some locations receiving daily services because of priority needs (Directorate, Accounting, DOE, Medical).
- Garbage removal and sanitation service will be reduced.
- Daycare is open on a very limited basis.
- The Badging Office is available by appointment only. Submit your appointment request to email@example.com 48 hours prior to your requested day and time.
- Global Services hours are reduced. Please visit the Global Services website for hours.
- Printing requests can be submitted through Service Now or by calling the Service Desk at x2345.
All security and fire department services will remain fully operational. In case of emergency, please call 630-840-3131.