Updated June 30, 2020
As part of the lab’s COVID-19 response restricting site access to essential personnel and village residents, the following changes to site services are in effect:
- The medical office remains open.
- The cafeteria is closed.
- The users center is closed.
- The taxi/shuttle service is operating on an on-call basis.
- The Abri Credit Union at Fermilab is closed. Services are provided at their other locations (Woodridge, Romeoville & Joliet) via drive-thru only.
- The stockroom is closed to all walk-in customers. Orders can be placed online https://fermi.service-now.com/stock_catalog or by phone x3825. If an item is needed right away, arrangements can be made to pick up an order in the stockroom vestibule/entranceway; please call x3825 to make arrangements. Due to limited inventory and supply shortages, all orders for disinfectant products and PPE (nitrile gloves and face shields) and face masks are subject to review and approval by D/S DSOs.
- The fuel service station remains open for self-service fueling.
- The Receiving department will be on site 7 a.m, to 3:30 p.m. through Friday, March 27, for normal business operations. Beginning Monday, March 30, the department will be open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Carriers should be directed to deliver between 10 a.m and noon.
- U.S. mail will be received but will be delivered only to Village residents, the Directorate and Finance.
- Garbage removal and sanitation service will be reduced.
- Daycare is open on a very limited basis.
- The Badging Office is available by appointment only. Submit your appointment request to firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours prior to your requested day and time.
- Global Services hours are reduced. Please visit the Global Services website for hours.
- Printing requests can be submitted through Service Now or by calling the Service Desk at x2345.
All security and fire department services will remain fully operational. In case of emergency, please call 630-840-3131.