Dear Windows 10 users,
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Core Computing Division will begin updating centrally managed Windows 10 desktops and laptops to Windows 10 version 1909.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
The update will be ready to install after 10 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12. Automatic installation and reboots will occur on Wednesday, August 19 if no manual intervention is taken.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
• This update will require one or more reboots and may take longer than the typical monthly patching.
• The first time you log in after the update, you may see the Windows 10 sign-in animation.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
At the end of your day on Wednesday, August 12, please make sure:
• You have saved your work.
• You are connected to the Fermilab network (onsite or through VPN if you are offsite).
• Your PC is turned on (laptops should have the lid left open).
If you have any questions about this message, contact the Service Desk: