Current list of impacted phone extensions and tentative schedule (must be onsite/use VPN to view)
The Integrated Engineering Research Center construction project requires that telephone cables be rerouted outside of the IERC building footprint. The rerouting work will begin on Friday, August 14, and continue for several weeks. During this time, please be aware of the following:
- There will be rolling, intermittent outages of Fermilab landline phones.
- Refer to the list of extensions and tentative schedule (must be on the Fermilab network to view) to learn if and when your phone number will be impacted. The impacted locations include, but are not limited to, the fixed target area, technical campus and support areas (Site 37, 38, 39, warehouses and fuel center).
- Outages for each phone number will last for approximately 30 minutes. If you are trying to reach one of the phones that is out of service, you can wait 30 minutes and try again, or use email.
- Emergency communications, including x3131, will not be impacted by this work.
- In the event of an emergency and if your landline is not operating, use your cell phone to call 630.840.3131.
Weekly updates will be posted on Fermilab at Work and you will receive a follow-up email once the work is completed in September.
We appreciate your patience as this necessary work is completed.