This message has been updated, as noted within the text below, from its previous version.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Property Department, in collaboration with the Core Computing Division, is replacing the current paper-based property pass process with one using the Self-Service Property (SSP) application. The switch to SSP enables custodians to manage and download their own property passes and will combine an individual’s multiple property passes into one single property pass.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
The replacement will occur on Saturday, Sept. 12; 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. (NOTE: This time is different than previously announced.) During this time, SSP will be unavailable.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
As part of this implementation, your existing property pass(es) will be converted to a new standard and, if needed, combined into a single property pass.
Under the new standard,
- Every custodian will have one single individual property pass.
- The property pass identifier will consist of the letter ‘P’ followed by the custodian’s Fermi ID number (P99999N).
- Property passes will no longer expire but will require an annual review.
- Approvals are recorded in the SSP system; signatures will no longer be required.
- For property that is shared by a group, shared property passes will be sponsored by a custodian, which will replace organizational property passes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- On Saturday, Sept. 12, watch for an email with the subject ” Self Service Property – Property Pass Attached” (NOTE: This subject is different than the one previously announced) from email@example.com. This email will contain a PDF attachment with your new property pass. You are welcome to leave your property pass in email until needed, save it to a device or print it.
- If you do not receive an email, log into Self-Service Property to review and download your property pass.
- Visit https://fermiproperty.fnal.gov for a link to the application and instructions for managing property passes.
- If you experience an issue with Self-Service Property, please open a Service Desk ticket. Property Pass Managers within your organization, listed at https://fermiproperty.fnal.gov/property-pass-managers/, can assist with general questions and property pass changes.
- Shred your old property pass(es) once your new property pass is in your possession. Remember, the property pass is required to accompany lab property at all times.