The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) have been extended to Dec. 31.
What does this mean for you?
- Under these laws, employer-sponsored group health plans including Fermilab’s generally:
- must cover certain items such as COVID-19 testing, including test administration and related items and services, at no cost to participants. Coverage is provided whether in or out-of-network.
- may cover telehealth services at 100%, including coverage for mental health services. There are no deductibles, co-pays or co-insurance for telehealth. This change was added to all plans effective April 1, 2020.
- The CARES and FFCRA “no cost” coverage rules apply only during the public health emergency (PHE) period, which was extended to Dec. 31. The secretary of health and human services has the authority to extend the PHE period in 90-day increments.
- If the PHE period is extended, Fermilab will extend the above coverage changes. If the PHE period is not extended, the coverage requirements under the regulations will expire on Dec. 31. The services will be covered as dictated by each plan design.