APPLICATION: 2020-21 POLSKY CENTER I-CORPS PROGRAM
The Polsky Center I-Corps Program is a National Science Foundation-funded entrepreneurial program for teams working on ideas in the science, technology, mathematics, and engineering (STEM) fields. Teams including faculty, students, staff and alumni from the University of Chicago, partner institutions, and regional universities may apply for the program. No previous business or entrepreneurship experience is required.
Team eligibility requirements include:
- a minimum of two teammates, co-located in the Chicagoland region, who are committed to attending all four required workshops and completing out-of-class assignments – we do not recommend having more than four teammates, total;
- an idea or project based in the STEM fields – this idea can be early-stage and teams are not required to have fully-functioning prototypes;
- a university-affiliated teammate – teams including faculty, students, staff, and alumni from the University of Chicago, partner institutions, and regional universities may apply for I-Corps;
- curiosity and enthusiasm for learning about the process of innovation.
Applicants must provide information about their project or technology, the backgrounds and abilities of their team, and their interest in pursuing the program. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and qualified applicants may be invited to interview. Those accepted into the program will be assigned to a cohort based on availability.
- Only one application is required per team
- Review required workshop dates and application deadlines below
- Review a PDF preview of the I-Corps application here
- Read more about I-Corps at icorps.uchicago.edu