Dear Mac users,
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing will enable the macOS Monterey upgrade in the Self Service application for early adopters on Wednesday, Nov. 17.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
Users accepted into the early adopter program will be able to upgrade their Mac to macOS Monterey using the Self Service application. Please note that the macOS Monterey upgrade will be enabled for all centrally managed Macs in mid-December.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
If you wish to become a member of the early adopter program:
• Be aware that not all applications or services have been tested. There may be some things that don’t work or don’t work as expected.
• Verify that you aren’t using any applications that may not work with macOS Monterey.
• Check with your group and/or department that the work you are doing won’t be affected.
To become a member of the early adopter program:
• Open a Service Desk request at https://servicedesk.fnal.gov to join the program.
• After your Mac has been upgraded to macOS Monterey, you will be asked to provide feedback about any issues you encounter.
• You may be required to install updated versions of applications at the direction of Desktop Engineering. Updated applications may require reboots after installing.
• If you are unsure about any of the above, please wait until the macOS Monterey upgrade has been enabled for all centrally managed Macs in mid-December.