WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Computing is enabling log in to SharePoint using CERN or DOE OneID in addition to Services accounts.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Thursday, Jan. 13, 6:30 a.m. – 7 a.m., during the standard SharePoint maintenance window.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
- There is a small chance that if you attempt to log in to SharePoint during the change window above, you will see unexpected behavior. If this is the case, please wait a few minutes and try logging in again.
- CERN/DOE OneID account users: Before you are able to authenticate using your CERN or DOE OneID account, you must first register your account at https://federation.fnal.gov/. This link provides instructions and information about the federated account and then forwards to your home authentication provider to enter your username and password.
- Users who have already registered their CERN/DOE account for another system at Fermilab do not need to register again.
- Once you’ve completed the one-time registration process for your account, described above, you will then be able to authenticate to SharePoint with your CERN or DOE OneID account by selecting the appropriate option from the pulldown list:
- You still need to be authorized to use a particular SharePoint site in the same manner that you need to be authorized when using a Fermilab account.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
This message is for your information. Those who do not need to log in to SharePoint using CERN or DOE OneID credentials need not take action.