WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Information Technology Division will enable the macOS Ventura upgrade in the Self Service application for early adopters on Tuesday, Nov. 22.
WHEN WILL THIS OCCUR?
Tuesday, Nov. 22
WHAT IS THE IMPACT TO YOU?
Users accepted into the early adopter program (details further below) will be able to upgrade to macOS Ventura using the Self Service application.
The macOS Ventura upgrade will be enabled for all centrally managed Macs in mid-December.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
If you wish to be a member of the early adopter program:
- Be aware that not all applications or services have been tested. There may be some things that don’t work or don’t work as expected.
- Verify that you aren’t using any applications that may not work with macOS Ventura.
- Check with your group and/or department that the work you are doing won’t be affected.
To become a member of the early adopter program:
- Your Mac must have at least 37GB of free space available before the upgrade. Use Disk Utility to confirm that you have at least 37GB of available space on your boot drive. Finder can misreport available space and should not be used to confirm space availability.
- Open a Service Desk request at https://servicedesk.fnal.gov to join the program.
- After your Mac has been upgraded to macOS Ventura, you will be asked to provide feedback about any issues you encounter.
- You may be required to install updated versions of applications at the direction of Desktop Engineering. Updated applications may require reboots after installing.
- If you are unsure about any of the above, please wait until the macOS Ventura upgrade has been enabled for all centrally managed Macs in mid-December.