- July 27, 2022, 12:00 pm US/Central
- Zoom & Comitium
Fermilab’s newest laboratory resource group, Fermilab Accessibility Communities (FACts) will be launching this month in alignment with the 32nd annual Disability Pride Month, which started in honor of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
FACts, like other LRGs, will serve as a space for people to come together with a shared interest in better understanding disability and accessibility. Every member of the Fermilab community is invited to participate.
The focus areas of this new LRG are:
* Understanding what physical, psychological, and intellectual accessibility looks like for employees, visitors and guests
* Building a system of support based on individual experience and sharing of resources such as requesting accommodations, disability and leave, using the Employee Assistance Program, understanding physical and psychological safety, and others
* Organizing accessibility programming and learning opportunities for teamwork and advocacy
* Championing accessible workplace tools and platforms
Please join us for a Hybrid Brown Bag Session to learn about Fermilab Accessibility Communities (FACts)
When: Wednesday, July 27 from 12 – 1 p.m.
Where: Comitium WH 2SE or register for the Zoom here.
Questions? E-mail Laura Rogas (email@example.com) or Anahi Ruiz Beltran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More information on laboratory resource groups is available here: https://diversity.fnal.gov/resource-groups/