Would you like to make an announcement, notify the laboratory community of something new or recognize an achievement by a colleague? Submit your notice in the news submission page. Once your submission is approved, it will appear on Fermilab at Work. Follow these submission guidelines to ensure your item goes through smoothly.
Announcement and notices will appear in the Fermilab Today email in addition to appearing on Fermilab at Work. Submit your announcement by noon to ensure that it appears in the next day’s issue of Fermilab Today.
A definition: An authorized personnel member is anyone with a valid Fermilab ID badge, specifically:
- active employee of Fermi Research Alliance LLC
- on-site employees of the U.S. Department of Energy
- on-site employees of FRA’s principal subcontractors providing regular services over an extended period of time at Fermilab (e.g., guard service, janitorial service, cafeteria)
- visiting experimenters and students
Notices and announcements
Authorized personnel may submit notices and announcements when on site or logged in through VPN. The Office of Communication reserves the right to edit and approve announcements for publication. Announcements may be of any length.
- All notices and announcements submitted to the Fermilab news area must be related to Fermilab or take place at Fermilab. The Office of Communication reserves the right to make exceptions in special cases. To call attention to non-Fermilab events or to events that take place off site, please submit a classified ad.
- The person submitting an announcement for an event held at Fermilab is responsible for checking that a Facilities Request Form has been submitted for the event. If the event involves the display of products by a vendor, please obtain the necessary approvals as outlined in the Fermilab Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Critical items as determined by the Office of Communication will be given high visibility on the Fermilab at Work page. Examples of critical announcements include those on
- personnel evaluations
- all-hands meetings
- major lessons learned
- major computing changes
- widespread power outages
- inclement weather notices
- major construction updates
- major road closures
- All other notices and announcements related to the laboratory will be posted on Fermilab at Work. These include but are not limited to news on:
- cultural events
- recreational events
- outside events with Fermilab participation
- scientific meeting registration notifications
- fellowship or award application announcements
- technology transfer opportunities
- construction updates
- ecology and environment
- education events
- historical milestones
Authorized personnel may contribute a notice of a professional milestone when on site or logged in through VPN. The Office of Communication reserves the right to edit and approve milestones for publication. Professional milestones include:
- professional award earned by employee, user or contractor
- promotion or new position of employee, user or contractor
- retirement of an employee, user or contractor
Authorized personnel may contribute a death notice when on site or logged in through VPN. The Office of Communication reserves the right to edit and approve notices for publication. The Office of Communication will work with WDRS to confirm the accuracy of the death notice and get the family’s approval to publish it. Submit a death notice as a milestone in the news submission form.
Authorized personnel may place classified ads when on site or logged in through VPN. The Office of Communication reserves the right to edit or reject any classified ad that does not meet this ad policy or is not deemed suitable.
- Classified ads may not include a link to a “.gov” website. A “.gov” email address is allowed, but all other links must go to a personal website. Web links related to personal matters – for example outside events or sale items – must not link to an fnal.gov address.
- Items offered for sale must be owned by the person who is advertising them or by members of their immediate family living within the same household.
- Real estate for sale or rent must be owned by the person who is advertising it. Real estate agents may not be listed as contact people in the ad.
- Services must be performed by the person who is advertising them or members of the immediate family living within the same household. The Office of Communication will not accept ads for services that are offered in association with regular businesses or commercial enterprises.
Go to the submission form.